Whatever Happened to the Sabbath?
Yahshua said, "if you love me, keep my commandments.... "
There are reasons why almost all of the first world countries worship on Sunday. None of them are scriptural. Even the secular writings of the world (Encyclopedias and History books) will tell how the Sabbath Day, the seventh day, set apart in the creation (Gen 2:1-3), was changed by Emperor, Constantine. In the year of 325 A.D., this powerful leader convened the Nicean council, and during that convention, he changed the official day of worship from the seventh day to the first day, Sunday. We all know that the scripture forbids the change of Yahweh's word, but man thinks he knows a better way.
This issue of what day to worship on is critical to our calling and blessing. It is not something to take lightly. Many think that it does not matter what day we keep set-a-part, but it does to the creator! He set it apart for His people to acknowledge Him, to rest, to worship and assemble. Think about this. Six days we are commanded to work, so we can not keep a set-a-part day every day. And, consider this, the seventh day is a sign and a mark on His true called out ones! (Ex 31:13-17) It is a secret mark on those who are really His! It is written, He is even master of the Sabbath. (Math 12:8) Sunday worship is not even in the word. If it does not matter, why not choose the day that pleases Yahweh and be blessed. Prove it to yourself! Read on... Assembly of Yah
Search the Scriptures! Can you...find one passage that says...
1. The Ten Commandments are abolished?
2. The Fourth Commandment is abolished? The seventh day! (Saturday)
3. The Sabbath was changed from the seventh to the first day of the week?
4. That either Yahshua or the apostles kept the first day as the Sabbath?
5. That either Yahshua or the apostles taught new believers to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath of Yahweh?
6. That it was customary for the early Assembly to observe the first day of the week?
7. That we are to keep the first day in honor of the resurrection of our Savior?
8. That the first day of the week was sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?
9. That the first day of the week is called a Kodesh day or given any sacred title?
Can you find one verse...
11. Where we are told not to work on the first day of the week?
12. Where any punishment is threatened for working on the first day?
13. Where any blessings are promised for observing the first day?
14. That says the Father or the Son rested on the first day of the week?
15. That says the seventh day is not now Yahweh's Sabbath day?
16. That calls the seventh day the "Jewish Sabbath" or that calls the first day the "Christian Sabbath"?
17. That authorizes anyone to set aside Yahweh's Sabbath and observe any other day?
On the other hand, the Bible clearly proclaims that...
2. Observance of the Sabbath was commanded in the Ten Commandments by the voice of Yahweh Himself (Ex. 20:8-10; Deut. 5:12-15).
3. Yahshua affirmed that the Sabbath was made for mankind and that He was Master of it (Mark 2:27-28).
4. The apostles consistently observed the seventh-day Sabbath and upheld the Ten Commandments as expressing the will of Yahweh for His children (Acts 13:14-15, 44: 16:13; 17:2; 18:4, 11; Rom. 2:13, 21-22; 7:7-12, 22; James 2:8-12).
5. Throughout the centuries, dedicated followers of Yahshua, redeemed by His precious blood, have shown their love for Him by observing the day made Kodesh by Yah at Creation. How about you?
More booklets and studies are available, see book list >>> Books